Saturday, March 21, 2009

SmugMug

SmugMug is a family owned and operated photo sharing/host site that offers free Pro Accounts, valued at $149.95, to non-profits. Simply fill out the form found here and submit.

I found their customer support to be unbelieveable. I created my account on a Saturday and ran into a glitch so I emailed them and they got back to me within minutes! I was so impressed that I sent out the link to all my Twitter and Plurk friends so that they could get in on the fun.

After creating an account and setting up a domain name for our school, I got started uploading pictures. One great feature is the simple one click upload directly from Picasa. Here are the simple step-by-step directions for adding this feature to Picasa. 

In addition to hosting your pictures SmugMug allows video uploads and one click Geo-tagging directly from the iPhone!  All this and much, much more without the bother of ads. Don't wait, this one is too good to miss.


1 comment: